Bop Gun - Custom Bass Multi-Effect for Nick Belfitt
This a funky funking funk machine for funking out.
1) First in line is a fully featured T-65 Octave, including the parallel effects loop.
2) Second is a Fuzz Face/Woolly Mammoth inspired silicon fuzz that is smoother than its fore-fathers while retaining huge low end.
3) Next up a Grand Tarkin with added Gate control. A switched pot is used here, so when turned all the way down it will click to turn off the Gate, giving a stock Grand Tarkin
4) Fourth in line is a MuTron-based envelope filter to quack and wub that funky beat.
5) The final piece of this jigsaw is a digital reverb, designed to be subtle at one extreme and a self-oscillating noise machine at the other. The addition of a tone section on the wet signal also allows the user to dial in a full-bodied resonating echo through to a cold harsh hard-wall echo. When used in conjunction with volume swells and a dark, subtle overdrive some very interesting string sounds can be produced.
All effects have individual ins and outs to enable this to be patched in any order and within a larger pedalboard, while also connecting automatically in sequence if no additional jacks are inserted other than Octave In and Reverb Out.